Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy birthday to me...

Some highlights of things I got today:
1. A Garmin! (I've wanted one forever! Now I can actually make a running training program because I will finally know the distances I am running.)
2. An alarm clock can play my iPod.
3. A subscription to Runner's World and Triathlete magazines
4. A Hinder CD
5. A warm sweater
6. Some accessories for my Garmin (i.e. a thing that connects the Garmin to my bike).
7. A biography of Barak Obama (I wasn't really expecting this, but it looks really interesting).
8. A new pair of running shoes.

I still have some more nice things waiting for me to unwrap in Florida too!

As for my foot, it feels like it is finally starting to get better, but it still isn't 100 percent yet. I can't wait until it is finally better though. I have been unable to run for the past two and a half weeks. I am never going to run in non-motion control shoes again! (I injured my foot by running in the wrong type of shoes).

Another good birthday present I got today was a two hour delay for school this morning. It was snowing and raining ice last night, meaning the roads were terrible this morning. I loved this delay because it meant I got to open my presents in the morning, right when I woke up. If I didn't have this delay, I would have been forced to wait until the afternoon when I got home from school when I opened all my gifts.

3 comments:

Crackhead said...

You got some really nice things! You are going to ROCK in 2009! Sorry I haven't been reading many other people's blogs, but I'm back on it and want to see all the great things you do!

Home exchange said...

Well happy birthday! Looks your you're birthday was pretty running oriented :-) good work!

Anonymous said...

Hi!! I stumbled on your blog by accident, and was really inspired by your posts. I read through a lot of your posts, and I think you're amazing because you really went the extra mile, and you seemed so passionate about triathlons. It's really too bad that you've stopped posting for a couple of years now. I would have loved to get to know you!! Idk if you'll see this post, but I think you're amazing.