Monday, December 1, 2008

Socks



I will not stop carelessly loosing random things anytime soon.

Yesterday I lost a sock- yes, just one sock- while shopping for shoes at Payless.

I didn't notice I lost this sock until I was about to leave the store. I was about to put my regular shoes back on (my feet were barefoot from trying on so many shoes) when I realized I only had one sock.

I did a quick look around where I was sitting to see if the other sock would turn up. I thought a quick look through the aisle would produce this sock; boy-was I wrong!

This quick look through turned into a 20 minute searching ordeal. I looked under many chairs and through the shoe boxes of every shoe I tried on that afternoon (thinking I might have left it in one of them). No missing sock was found. This sock was also part of one of my favorite pairs!

After much frantic searching, I finally gave up and spent the rest of the day only wearing one sock. Let me tell you, this lopsided feeling was VERY strange. One foot was all nice and cozy, while the other foot was slipping and sliding all around the bottom of my shoe.

I have a theory: Some one-legged thief really loves my choice in footwear. He loved my Brooks shoe I lost the other day, so decided to take it.



This same guy realized he would need a sock to go with this stolen shoe- and what better place to steal it than when my feet are bare (while I am trying on shoes at Payless)!

I'm going to catch that thief one of these days, before he steals another shoe!

No comments: