Thursday, September 11, 2008

13.1 Independent Run



13.1 Independent Run.

The self-supported half marathon I am doing finally has a name. The "13.1" part comes from, ovbiously, the length of the race. The "Independent Run" part comes from the fact that it is completely self-suppoted, much like the Independent Duathlons I did a couple of months ago.

Here are all the details of my next event:

Who: Just me is all that is paricipating. No other participants, no entry fee, no T-Shirt. That is why the race is called "Independent".

What: A Self-Suppoted half marathon (I think I've already said that a couple of times!).

Where: The streets in my neighborhood I always train on. There will be no fancy course for this particular event!

When: I am planning to do the race Oct. 17. This date is not set in stone and may be moved due to weather conditions and/or how ready I feel to tackle a half marathon by that date (it may be moved to an eariler date, it may be moved to a later date. I have no idea yet).

Why: I have no transportation to get to an actual half marathon this year; but I made it my vow for 2008 to run this distance. A self-supported half maraton sounds like a fun idea too!

3 comments:

Crackhead said...

I am so excited you are doing a half NothingMary. See, I just made that name up for you! 10/17??? I think I can manage a Half NothingMary that day, too. Maybe I can convince others to do it, too. I've got the perfect route--it would be half of the NothingMan route I just did yesterday. Only this time, I will need to race!

Tri-ing Rose said...

Half NothingMary. I like it! Your idea sounds really neat too. Have fun on Oct 17 if you decide to do it!

Crackhead said...
This comment has been removed by the author.