Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

The vacation turned out to be not as fun as I thought it would be, but it was still nice to get out of the house and see a different state. I have only been to Indiana a couple of times before.

We left to go to the hotel Wednesday around noon. We arrived around 2:30 and checked in. The hotel was absolutely in the middle of nowhere. It was about 15 miles just to get to the nearest Wal-Mart. I didn't end up doing anything special during this vacation- I pretty much just ended up staying in the hotel room the whole time.

My parents didn't even go skiing. My mom has bronchitis, so obviously that option was out. My parents wanted to go hiking instead, but the nearest state park was 30 miles away. They ended up walking around town instead. All that this "downtown" consisted of was a pawn shop and a bike shop. I declined on this "trip" to the middle of nowhere. I guess I could have gone. I just didn't really feel like it.

The rest of the night, my parents spent watching TV while I was in the middle of a good book. I ended up going downstairs to run for an hour on the treadmill as well. When I came back from this oh-so-fun treadmill run, I took a shower and pretty much just read for a while and attempted to go to sleep.

I say "attempted" because I didn't end up actually going to sleep for a couple hours after I put my head on the pillow. My parents go to bed a lot later than I do, and they had all the lights on, the TV going, and they were talking. It was pretty much impossible to sleep. When I ended up finally going to sleep, I was awoken several times by my dad's snoring. Surprisingly, I didn't wake up tired at all despite this lack of sleep.

After finally waking up the next day (Thursday), the rest of the morning was spent in the hotel room. After check out at noon, we had a Thanksgiving buffet at the hotel. Then it was time to go home. We arrived home at about 2:00. The rest of the night was spent just reading, playing on the computer, and going on another hour run on the treadmill later that night.

Today, my mom and I are going to do some Black Friday shopping. I hope there are some good deals!

No comments: