Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bubble came off today!

The "bubble" went off the pool tonight. What that means is that an indoor pool was transformed into an outdoor pool tonight. The "bubble" is the spherical shaped covering that forms the roof of the area we swim in during the winter. This "roof" gets removed during the summer, leaving only the walls around the pool and the warm sun pouring in.


It was so awesome having the bubble off tonight. The pool area was so bright and cheery. We also did an awesome swim workout today. The main set was 3 X 800. Since I love distance workouts, and love summer so much, that workout today was heaven.


The pool I go to during the summer when I am not at swim practice opens tomorrow too. I can't wait! I love desiging my own workouts in there and making the workout all distance (and a little bit of individual medley thrown in for fun!)


A typical workout I like to make for myself is usally something like this: (if I have 2 hours to spare)
3 X (1000 free, 2 X 200 IM)
4 X 200 IM


I also love going off the high dive at the pool, and just being out in the sun. I can't wait for summer to come, and for school to let out.


9 more days.

No comments: