Friday, May 30, 2008

Busy week

This week has been an epic week. It has been filled with a lot of workouts (did anyone say lots of swimming?). It has also been filled with lots of exam studying and summer homework assignments (Yes. I have homework in the summer! My school is retarded.). It has also been jammmed-packed with a sinus infection that has me consuming large volumes of Day-Quill and has my nose running like a faucet. I also got an award in Social Studies during this epic week!

Okay, I will start with the massive workouts, since that is the first thing I mentioned and this is a triathlon blog. After my 4,400 yard swim on Saturday, I just couldn't get enough of the pool. I decided to swim again on Sunday. This swim was 5,300 yards in length. What can I say? I love to swim and once I start, I don't feel like stopping.

On Monday, I swam again. This time I swam 5,700 yards. I was trying to go for 6,000 yards but I had to leave(my parents decided they had enough of the pool after 2 hours and they were my only ride home). I left with only a 300 left to swim. I was a little upset- but I will get a 6,000 yard workout before this summer's over.

All these swims were done over the Memorial Day weekend when my swim team was not practicing. They were all done in the indoor pool of my local gym. I enjoyed every minute of those swims! I hope to eventually swim to 6,000 yards and beyond.

Following the Memorial Day Weekend of Epic Swims, I swam for another hour on Tuesday with the swim team since practice was again in session. Practice is only for an hour this week (and next week) because many of the swimmers (including me) are still in school. We can only get the pool really late in the summer. Instead of normal practice time of 7:30-9:00, we have practice from 8:30-10:00 in the summer. Practice ended at 9:30 so that we wouldn't be exhausted the next morning for school that starts at 7:30 in the morning.

In addition to this swim, I also ran up and down my street on Tuesday for a total of 3.5 miles. I repeated the hour swim and 3.5 mile run on wedesday. This was before I got sick.

On Thursday (yesterday), I woke up with a runny nose and sore throat that I think has become a sinus infection. Of course, I didn't work out Thursday or today because I feel like crap; however, I feel better this evening after taking plenty of Day-Quill. I hope I feel well enough to work out tomorrow.

I also have a butt-load of exam studying to do. I exempted (meaning I don't have to take) my math exam, which should free up a lot of time otherwise spent studyying. I also do not have to take exams for the two art classes I am taking. We had final projects as opposed to final exams. We did those projects in class, so now we don't have to take final exams.

Since I am exempting math, I do not have to go in for the last day of school. My last day of school will be Wednesday as opposed to Thursday. I also only have to take 4 exams this quarter-as opposed to seven. Don't think I have it easy though. I have to memorize over 300 vocab words for Social Studies! I already got some studying done tonight. I am planning to spread my studying out over the weekend and next week so that I do not have to do a whole bunch of studying at onece.

I also have a boat load of summer homework I have to do before the first day of my next school year. THIS IS ALL DUE BEFORE AUG 26!

English: I have to read 4 books (one of which is Shakesphere-ugh), write 2 essays,and read and summerize a whole bunch of articles.

Chemistry: I have to read the first chapter, and do 2 packets (about 20 pages in length- front and back) which include notes on the first chapter, and lots of math problems. I also have to memorize a whole bunch of stuff for the quiz given on the first day of school over the table of elements,and many other things I already forgot.

History: I have to read 5 chapters in this huge textbook. Each chapter is about 30 pages in length. I have to take notes (a page in length) on each chapter. I also have to take a take-home quiz on each of these 5 chapters, fill out a worksheet on each of the 27 ammendments to the constiution, and memorize each of the presidents and their political parties.

Math: I don't think I have any math homework this year (like I did last year) but my new math teacher might get evil the last week of school and suprise us. I hope not. I hope my new math teacher will be nice. He is pretty nice. I had him 2 years ago for geometry. I am not sure how nice he will be with the summer homework this year.

I will have no summer this year!

Oh, in other good and intresting news, I got an award yesterday at our yearly awards ceremony. It was for social studies and only one other person in my grade got the award. I got a medal too and went up in front of the entire school to get the award.

Am I boring you with school stuff? I would rather not think about school either. I am just so excited that this year is finally comming to a close! I am looking forward to whatever little summer I may have.

I added this race to the races I someday want to do. It is a 24 hour triathlon held in Colorado. It's far away from where I live, but I can always fly there (duh!) I've never been to Colorado before. It would have to wait untill at least 2010 though because I have to be at least 18 to do it. I wouldn't be ready to do it sooner then that anyway. It's like an ultramarathon of running except it also involves swimming! Oh, and bicycling too. You basically try to cover as much distance as you possibly can in 24 hours. The course consists of a .24 mile swim, an 11.2 mile bike, and a 2.6 mile run that you repeat as many times as possible. They aslo have a shorter 8 hour race.

Everyday it seems, I am finding out more really intresting events to do. It seems impossible that I would ever get sick of triathlon and endurance sports. I am getting sick of writing though. Bye for now!

No comments: