Monday, July 28, 2008

A great fun weekend



I had a great time seeing my cousins this weekend! They didn't end up coming until 10:00 on Thursday night. This was okay though, since it gave me all of Friday and Saturday to visit with them. They also didn't leave until yesterday at 5:00 P.M. Their late departure time gave me almost a whole extra day to visit with them.

During this time, we did lots of shopping, since many of my cousins needed new back to school clothes. I didn't really need any new clothes since I already have a ton of clothes (because I love to shop, and I haven't changed clothing sizes for at least a couple of years) but I still got two new pairs of shorts and a couple T-Shirts.

These new clothes I got are from a store that has always been in my mall, but that I have never really shopped at before called Aeropostale. I don't know why I never shopped in there before- but I am glad I decided to look in there while we were at the mall on Saturday. They have the cutest clothes there! I decided to get some stuff there because they were having a really big sale. Everything in the store was 50% off! I ended up getting six things for maybe $50. That is definitely a good price on things!

Besides shopping, my family and I did other things such as seeing a movie. We saw the new Batman movie. I was so bored during that movie that I fell asleep. I don't like action movies! I wasn't the only one that didn't like it though. Two of my cousins and my aunt also fell asleep.

Over the weekend, my mom also took me to Pearle Vision to get my glasses fixed. I was seeing really funny through my glasses. When I put them on, it was like looking underwater- definitely a messed up feeling! It turns out that I need to get a new prescription from my eye doctor. The prescription that was in these new glasses was too strong in my right eye.

At home, I had fun visiting with everybody. It was especially fun visiting with my cousin who is a girl (all my other cousins were boys!) and only a year younger then me. We did many things such as play cards, get each other's e-mails, and stay up late. Everybody else stayed up much later than I did (maybe 1:00 A.M.) but I made it up until about 10:00-10:30 each night. This is very late for me! I know- kind of pathetic.

Over the weekend, I even had a chance for a couple good workouts. I did a 1:20 run on Saturday before visiting with my cousins all day. Yesterday after they left, I did a 1:30 bike ride followed by a :45 run. My 1:30 bike rides are definitely taking me a lot farther than they used to!

No comments: