Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Super Secret Gear



My brand new, fixed bike is awesome! Okay, it is not really brand new- but it feels that way!

When my dad fixed my bike (it was making strange rattling noises because it was out of gear) he actually put my bike in the correct gear. It was a gear I never knew existed before! It was a Super Secret Gear!

I rode my newly fixed bike both today and yesterday. It rides so much better now! This Super Secret Gear makes it so that I actually move forward when I start pedaling. Before Dad fixed my bike, it felt like I wasn't moving at all!

In this new gear, I can actually pedal hard going downhill. I was never able to do that before. I was only able to coast downhill. That didn't make for the fastest riding! Now, being able to pedal downhill, I am able to go SO fast (relatively speaking, of course...)!

I bet right now, you are thinking "What a complete idiot, she doesn't even know how to gear her bike properly!"

Oh well. Continue thinking that, and I will continue pedaling away in my newly found Super Secret Gear!

Yesterday, I also uploaded to the computer a video about why I do triathlons . I uploaded this video because the website I uploaded this video to was having a contest.

The contest rules were that if you upload a video to their website during the month of July, you are eligible to win a bike. The winner of the bike will be selected by a raffle. You enter your name into this raffle (after you upload the video, of course!) and one winner will be randomly selected. I hope the winner is me! I really need a new bike!

It's pretty doubtful that I will win though. There are at least 30 other entries, and I am never lucky at winning raffles. Oh well. I can at least try; however, there is a very slight chance that the new bike is mine!


I’m glad the winner is randomly selected. If the winner was selected based on the quality of the video, I wouldn’t have even bothered entering my video into the contest.

All of the submissions so far to the website have been incredibly well-done. A lot of these people have used fancy video editing software that I don’t even have on my computer. This software gave these people the capability to add music, captions, and all sorts of other things to their videos.

Just to warn you, my video doesn’t have any of that stuff at all- it is just me talking, while sitting in a chair. Also, make sure to turn your speakers up really, really loud to be able to hear me. I got the cheapest recording device I could find (a $30 webcam) to make this video. Obviously, it means the quality of the video is not going to be the best!


If you want an idea of how awesome the bike I am now eligible to win is- click here.

All I can say is that it is one of the coolest bikes I have ever seen!

No comments: