Thursday, July 24, 2008

A quiz and a quick note. Quirky, right?

First, I will mention the quiz. Apparently, this is what my name means:




What Amy Means



You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection.

You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.

You have the classic "Type A" personality.



You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated.

You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want.

You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way!



You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in.

You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising.

You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.



I think the only thing true on that quiz was the part about me having a “type A” personality. The part about being confident and a free spirit is totally opposite of me. I am always questioning myself and I like to have everything planned Whoever said quizzes were completely right all the time is very, very wrong. Maybe this person should take a quiz about the accuracy of quizzes. They would fail! Any ways...

It is now time for the quick note:

Remember the bike ride I did in May that took me about 3 hours to complete? Today, I finished that same loop in just under 1:55. I also felt a lot fresher after riding the loop today than I did a few months ago (probably because I wasn't on my bike so long this time!). After riding this loop, I actually had enough energy to go out and rode my bike another 15 minutes. This gave me a total of 2:10 of bicycle riding today!

I hope this means I can get my speed up past 8 mph now, and will be able to complete an Olympic distance bike leg in a reasonable amount of time!

I was getting really discouraged at myself for my lack of improvement. Now all of a sudden, this whole week has been about improvement! I hope this improvement continues. I still haven't seen much improvement with my running!

In other happy news, my cousins are coming over to my house to stay the weekend! I am so excited to see them again! They live on the other side of the country and I haven’t seen them in two years. They will be arriving here at around 9:00 tonight and will be staying three nights with us. They leave on Sunday.

I also get to see my uncle, who I haven't seen in over a year, tonight. He has been stationed in Iraq for the past year. He is not in the military, but he drives military trucks there.

In addition to my four cousins and uncle, my aunt is coming. On top of this, one of my cousins is also bringing a friend. All together (in case you can't add) this is seven guests this weekend. This should definitely make for a full house. Normally, it is just me and my parents!

2 comments:

Oly said...

Wow!! Your making sweet ground on the bike. Nice improvement! Enjoy the fams.

Tri-ing Rose said...

Thanks for the encouragement on the bicycling! I did enjoy the fams too :)