Saturday, July 12, 2008

Driving and Running

song chart memes
more graph humor and song chart memes

Hahaha! And that funny graph was from GraphJam.com, a funny website that I discovered that has all sorts of equally amusing charts. If you don't believe me, check that website out for yourself. Trust me, you will enjoy it. I just recently looked through about 15 pages of graphs from there.

Anyways, you probably want to know about my week- since I havn't spent much time blogging this week. Well, to sum it up in two words, my week has been all about driving and running. It has also about procrastinating on my summer homework, but that is a whole other story.

I will begin with the driving part of my week. As you may know, I am spending this summer learning how to drive. After much studying of my driver's manual, I went down to the DMV to take my driving test. I was afraid I wouldn't pass, never get my liscence, and never learn how to drive. I soon found out that this fear was for nothing though. Out of the 32 questions they gave me on the test, I only missed two. I then got my learner's permit!

I started driving school on Thursday, going to two, 2 hour classes. Today, I went to another 2 hour class. I had different instucters each of these different days, but they have both been good teachers. They were both ex-cops and had a lot of intresting stories to tell!

In the classes, we learned about things such as the fact that you should look ahead when steering. We also learned things such as how to drive at night and on the freeway. I still have 9 classes to go, and a few hours where I actually get in the car and drive, then I will be done with driving school. I then have to complete 50 hours of driving with my parents (10 hours at night) and then I can drive all by myself! The driving on my own will start as soon as January- you have to wait to drive on your own untill 6 months after you get your learner's permit!

So the driver's education has occupied a pretty good portion of this week. Another thing that took up a big part of the week was running. Not the kind where people run off the roads because I am going to be driving on the roads soon, but real, actual running. The kind that makes you sweaty and comes as the last part on a triathlon. I'm not going to describe this exercise any further, since you are not a preschooler and know what running is, anyway...

I was unable to ride my bike this week. The chain feel off my bike last week and I didn't know how to fix it. I got my dad to fix it later, but my bike was still making a loud, obnoxious ratting noise. I decided not to mess with my bike and am choosing not to ride it- at least untill I bring it to the bike shop for the mechanics to take a look at it.

Since my bike was being so annoying, the only thing left for me to do was run (and swim, duh). This meant that I ended up running 5 times within 4 days. Don't ask why I spent so much time running- maybe I was going for a new world record. All I know is that last week, I ran the most I have ever done in a single week. On the last day of this "running festivity" I did two runs (that is how the 5 runs in 4 days thing came about) totaling about 2 hours and 15 mins. Even with my excruciatingly slow running pace, I probably ran at least 10 miles that day!

My legs are still a little sore today, but I am recovering well. My 4 days of consecutive running were from Monday-Thursday. I ended Friday with a nice, long 4500 yd swim and 20 mins on the stationary bike at the health club. Today is a complete rest day. I start again with the workouts tomorrow. I hope my bike gets fixed for this coming week though. I need some practice so that I can do an olympic distance triathlon this summer!

In other news, not only did I do the most running I have ever done this week; I also did my biggest workout week. My workout totals seem to be getting higher and higher every week! They will stop getting bigger soon though. I don't want to end up with 20hour weeks like someone in the peak of Ironman training- that is, untill I am training for an Ironman...

Okay, here it comes. Are you ready?

Swimming: 7 hours 55 mins

Bikig: 25 mins (Hey, my bike is broken!)

Running: 4 hours 38 min (No, that is not a hallucination!)

Yoga: 1 hr 25 mins

Total: 14 hours 23 mins (Yes, you read that right!)

Ending this post with a funny GraphJam...

song chart memes
more graph humor and song chart memes

No comments: