Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First day of school

My full race report is finished! You can view it here:
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=129760

Yesterday was also my first day of school. I'm glad the triathlon gave me something to look forward to (so that I wasn't worrying about school the past few weeks). The summer went by way too fast- and school started again way too soon!

There is not much I can really say about my first day of school. I was given a pop-quiz first thing in the morning in U.S. History (me and the entire rest of the class failed this quiz!). I hope the quiz wasn't counted for a huge grade. I'm very relieved we are having a bonus quiz later in the week to be able to make up some points we lost from that pop quiz. I hope all the teacher's quizzes and tests aren't as hard as that first one I just took!

I was also given another quiz in chemisty. That quiz was pretty easy though. It was over the names of the elements in the periodic table (which I studied this summer). I only missed three questions out of about thirty on that quiz.

Yesterday, I was also given a ton of homework in math. I was given 6 sections of the book to complete, every section has about 50 problems. I'm incredibly glad we get two weeks to finish this assignment!

My study hall was really nice though. It gave me plenty of time to get some of those math problems done. I am so greatful for that study hall this year!

I think the funniest thing that happened yesteday was during third period spanish. I am taking Spanish 3, and throughout the entire class, the teacher thought that we were in the Spanish 2 class. She didn't realize her mistake untill the end of the period when someone pointed it out to her. That was definitely intresting!

My second day of school today was pretty much as uneventful as my first. It went by a lot easier though, now that I know what classes I have and where they are all located.

Just 178 more school days untill next summer break!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first Oly - that's quite an accomplishment!

I'm the "Back to School Runnin' Fool" challenge leader at Beginner Triathlon.

Could you log on and let me know your goal running miles for the Sept challenge. Thanks!!

Shawn