Thursday, August 14, 2008

A quick stop in my school in the summer




Yesterday, I had to go back to my school (in the summer time!) to get my picture taken. I have absolutely no idea why my school does pictures during the summer- I guess for the same reason that they have summer homework. They don't want us to have an actual summer break!

Anyways, I haven't gotten my picture taken since middle school (back in the time when they actually took pictures during the school day…) so I had to get my picture taken this year. Actually, my mom forced me to get my picture taken. I had no enthusiasm about the plan whatsoever. I already know what I look like! Why would I want to step into a school building two weeks early just to get more proof that I have blonde hair and braces?

My mom made a really huge deal about getting these pictures taken (since I haven't had any in three years!). She took me to a salon, where I got my hair blow dried and curled. Then, my mom had me put on a ton of makeup (which I normally never wear). This makeup included lip gloss, eye liner, eye shadow, mascara, blush, and some random green and beige goo that I had to rub on my face. By the time this was all done, I was all prim and pretty. I was as ready as I ever could be to step into a school building in the middle of the summer.

Thankfully, the line to take the pictures wasn't that long. I was done fairly quickly; however, for some reason, my mom forgot to put the check in the picture order form. I had to run all the way back out to the car to have mom write me another check! After this, I had to go all the way back to the gym (where the pictures were being taken) to give the picture guy the money!

After giving the picture guy the check (thankfully, I didn't have to wait in line again!) it was time to pick up my schedule for the upcoming school year. There is not really much to say about this schedule (It’s a school schedule. How fascinating can it be?). The only thing to say is that I have all my hard classes in the morning. All my easy classes are in the afternoon.

Morning classes: AP chemistry, AP U.S. History, A.P. Calculus, Spanish 3

Afternoon classes: A.P. English (the only hard class of the afternoon), Personal Finance, Study hall.

The one thing I would like to bring your attention to is the Study hall. I wasn't expecting a Study hall in my schedule, but I got one anyway. I was intending to take Journalism, but none of the Journalism classes fit with my schedule (they would all overlap with other classes I would be taking during the same period).

I was initially disappointed when I realized I didn't get into my Journalism class; however, I realized I can still take that class next year. In the mean time, I had an awesome study hall. I became SO happy!

Having a study hall means I will now have about an hour's less homework every night! This means an hour more of focused studying for quizzes and tests (It is so much easier to study at school than at home. There are so many fewer distractions!). This also means an hour less of homework every night, an hour more of free time, and an hour more of training time!

I was really freaking out about the number of AP classes I had this year, wondering how I would ever get all the homework done every night. This unexpected study hall is such a blessing!

No comments: