Sunday, June 15, 2008

A full weekend



Yesterday, I had a wounderful day at the lake. I went up to the lake to have open water swim training with my swim team. We trained for the big open water meet that is comming up. The meet is three hours away in Cleveland. It should be fun!

We drove for about an hour and a half to get to the lake. When we got there, I got to splash around in the water a little before we started practice. After splashing around in the lake a little, the practice begun. All I have to say about the practice is that IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!

We ended up swimming in various sections of the lake for a total of about fifteen minutes. I enjoyed every minute of it! I love swimming in lakes (unless they are freezing cold!). It feels so liberating. In lakes, there are no endless laps and blazing fast swimmers comming up from behind me every lap to pull on my toes. It was just me and the water!

The swim ended quickly because lunch was ready, and apparently we wern't going to do a long swim workout. I was disappointed we stopped so soon. Stopping the swim short was like taking a bite of a delicious food, and having the rest of the dish dangiling in front of you, but being unable to eat it. I enjoyed every moment of that short swim and didn't want the enjoyment taken away from me!

Despite not doing as much open water swimming as I would have liked, the rest of the day at the lake was wounderful! After lunch, we took a pontoon down to another section of the lake.

At this section of the lake, we were able to just splash around in the water. Little kids played games, daring individuals (not me!) decided to water ski. There were also a lot of rafts set out along the water. I decided to just lay on one and enjoy the lake. The lake was too cold to get fully submerged in!

We stayed out on this section of the lake for most of the afternoon. When we came back to the house where the get-together was held, I was very sunburned and tired. After dinner, we drove home (I fell asleep in the car) and arrived back at the house by 8:30 at night. We left for the lake at about 9:00 in the morning. This lake adventure made for a full day!

After I took a shower and washed all the grimy lake stuff off of me, I was ready to go to bed. When I woke up this morning it was time to go running. I ran for about 2:10, making for at least a 9 mile run -probably longer. This was the longest run I have ever done and I was very proud.

After my run, I went out shopping with my mom and grandma. I got some new clothes from Hollister (a cute pair of plaid shorts, and a blue top), a new swimsuit (my other swimsuits were getting old and baggy) and a pair of fins (I don't have any of my own and need some for swim practice).

All and all, this made for a pretty full weekend!

1 comment:

Crackhead said...

Hi, there. If you have Yahoo! Messenger, ping me (tri_ing is my userid) and we can exchange email addresses and then I can get you author rights on Pool Stories!