Friday, June 6, 2008

Half-marathon?


I did a nice, long run today of about 8 miles (not exactly sure of the distance, it was just whatever I could cover in about 1:45) It was a great run. It tied for the longest I have ever ran so far.

The run was really HOT though. I started running early in the morning when it was still supposed to be cool oustide. The coolness ovbiously did not happen. At eight in the morning it was already almost 80 degrees! I was dripping sweat through out the entire run.

The last two milles were really hot and difficult but I am hoping to run even farther. I know I can because if it wasn't so hot outside on today's run, I would have definatly been able to go longer. I want to do a half marathon this summer(hopefully) or fall (if I can't do one this summer.)

I have been planning on doing a half marathon since August, but swim team practice got "in the way" of training. I leave "in the way" in quotes because swim practice is definatly not an intrusion. I love every moment of it!

Since the swim team practices are fewer in the summer (4 days a week instead of 6) and I have a lot more time in the summer to train, I have decided that now is the time when I will start training for the half-marathon. I am sick of woundering what a half marathon would be like. I just want to do it.

I have actually found another great race directory on the internet. I found it while browsing some forums while bored. It is the most comprehensive race directtory I have ever seen except for Trifind.com.

From this directory, I have found a couple of potential races I would like to run. This is all very tenitave because of the Olympic triathlons I would like to do this sumemr as well. I can only do about one race a month because I have to depend on my mom in order to have transportation to the races (I know, I am going to learn how to drive very soon!). My race scheduule is whatever is convienient to her (except for swim meets. I always get to do swim meets.)

I would like to do one or more of these races this summer/fall:
Lifeline of Ohio Dash for Donation- July 26 (only if I don't do that other triathlon I want to do planned a week before)
Columbus Half Marathon and 5K- Aug 24
United States Air Force Marathon (Only about half an hour away from where I live)-Sept 20
Dayton River Corridor Classic Half Marathon (again, only about half an hour from where I live)-Oct 12

I would love to be able to live out my dream this summer!!!

No comments: