Monday, June 30, 2008

One year triathlon anniversery!



I offically became a triathlete one year ago today! I never thought I would stay with the sport so long. When I used to workout, the longest time I ever did it consistently was for about 5 months. This was from a few years ago when I was running almost every day. I never did run more then 4 miles at once though. Now 4 miles would be considered an easy run!

I love working out consistently a lot more than just randomly starting and stopping (which I have done for the past few years). I hate the feeling of gaining fitness, only to lose it all a few months later.

I started keeping a workout log on the computer this January. This log actually totals up all the workout distances I have done thus far. Since January first, I have done this much:

2008 totals
Bike: 18h 18m 51s - 16.4 Mi
Run: 29h 26m 04s - 68.5 Mi
Swim: 140h 13m - 65275 Yd
Strength: 4h 43m
Yoga: 6h 00m

This is not including everything from June through December of last year!

Also, this past year, I have done 4 triathlosn, 2 5K races, countless swim meets, and a bicycling event.

I wounder how far I will have came a year from today?

No comments: