Thursday, June 5, 2008

Psycho treadmill



I had a psycho treadmill run last night. I was using the treadmill because there was a lot of nasty thunderstorms outside. I had to be indoors. When I went on the treadmill, however, it kept shutting off. I would turn it on for about 30 seconds, then a huge "E6" sign would flash across the display menu. After this sign flashed, the treadmill would shut down.

I tried unplugging and restarting my treadmill about 3 times. Finally, I went to ask my dad for help- he is a construction worker and good at all things mechanical.

He found the owner's manual for the treadmill and told me to turn to the "troubleshooting" section of the manual. After looking through the manual, I found out that the treadmill needed to be lubricated. Apparently there is some wax coating on the bottom of the treadmill that wears off every few months.

My dad said he had no idea how to wax the bottom of the treadmill; however, he found the wax stick, stuck it under the belt and tried anyway. My dad never uses the treadmill, so fixing the treadmill would be a shot of pure luck for him.

I went upstairs to ask my mom if she knew how to fix the treadmill. She should be able to, I figured, since she actually uses the treadmill sometimes.
After I asked her to fix the treadmill, I found out she apparantly did know how to apply wax to the bottom of the treadmill. She was sick, however, and didn't feel like going down to the basement to fix the treadmil.

My dad continued to play the guessing game of how to rub the wax under the belt. after a few minutes, he stopped and I was able to get back on and start my workout. The treadmill was actually running smoothly for about 3 minutes from the time I climed on. I actually thought Dad had the treadmill fixed!

Suddenly, however, the treadmill came to an abrupt stop. The famillar "E6" flashed across the screen. After a total of 7 minutes of running on the broken treadmill the whole frustrating night, I finally gave up and decided to lift weights instead.

No comments: