Wednesday, June 18, 2008

More bicycling than you can imagine...



I did a lot of bicycle riding these past 2 days. All together, I have done 3 rides in the past 36 hours, totaling up to almost 3 and a half hours spent in the saddle.

"Why so much bicycle riding?" you ask (Is that sentance grammaticly correct? Just woundering...)

There are a number of reasons I have been working so hard on this section of a triathlon merely between an awesonme swim and a nice run:

1. Because I am horrible at it and need more practice
.
2. Because I don't want to run and further hurt my ankle (After Sunday's 2:10 run followed by a giant shopping trip, my pancake-flat feet rebelled against me and decided to give me ankle pain)

3. I couldn't go to swim practice because my parents went to a Willie Nelson concert at the same time as practice would have been.

Because of all these things, I had plenty of time to work on my bicycling. I rode my bike for a little under an hour yesterday morning. I dragged my Schwinn out again yesterday night to ride for 1:30 (instead of going to swim practice).

This afternoon, being unable to run and wanting some exercise, I rode my bike yet again. This afternoon I rode it the same duration as yesterday morning- a little under an hour. My quads were definately tired this morning. I am not used to that much bicycling!

Don't worry though. This swimmer is leaving for tonight's practice in about 20 minutes. I will be back in the pool where I belong! I may still do a short bicycle ride tomorrow though. Bicycling may never be as good as swimming; however, it is fun to see myself improve in this unfamillar sport.

I can tell I'm impriving because I am finishing my regular training loops a lot faster then I was able to complete them even a month ago. I am even starting to enjoy sprinting up hills.

Yes, you read that right! I am sprinting up hills! There is a really steep hiil (to me anyway) on a section of a street I ride. This street is right on my way home from every bicycle workout. It is becoming a tradition for me to ride up that hill as fast as I can!

In other news, I was selected to author an awesome blog called Pool Stories. It is a blog about swimming and all the intesting thigs that happen at the pool. I have been reading the blog ever since it got started. It is a very intresting and funny blog! If you havn't read it already- you should. I am so honored I am able to contribute to this blog.

No comments: