Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lots of bicycle riding!!!



I did another bike ride this morning! This makes for a total of four bike rides this week! You heard that right: This swimmer actually got her butt on her Schwinn, turned the petals, and repeated this process a total of four times this week.

I think I rode my bike this week as many times as I have done so far this entire year. Before this week, I have only gotten on my bike maybe five times for the whole year.

I don't know why I have been avoiding riding my bike so much- maybe because I am horrible at it (insert lots of laughter here:_______________________________).
Seriously though, I probably climb up hills at about 2 miles an hour, am terrible at shifting gears, and it takes me about 3 hours to ride my bike 20 miles. Of course, if you have been reading this blog, you alredy know I am no Lance Armstrong :)

An intresting thing is happening though: I am actually starting to love spending time on my bicycle. I love the thrill of speeding down a hill at a supersonic speed (10 mph?) with the wind blowing in my hair. I love the way my legs burn when I am pedaling up a steep hill. I love the feeling of absulute freedom I feel while riding my bike.

This morning was also a beautiful day for a bicycle ride. The weather for the morning was sunny with temperatures in the mid 60s. Gotta love those cool mornings! I was actually riding a lot faster today than I normally do (I may have upped my speed to 9 mph! I need to get a non-broken cycle computer to double check).

In my quicker-than-normal bicycle riding today, I even decided to sprint up a couple of hills. It was a great bike ride today, and I am definately planning on many more rides in the future.

Sadly enough though, this morning was my last bike session of the week. This is because tomorrow I am taking a day off (I need one because I havn't taken a day off since last Tuesday). Saturday, my swim team is going up a lake to do some open water swim training.

We have a big open water meet comming up the week after next. My coach decided that everyone participating in that meet could use a little practice beforehand.

The coach has decided that we will go up to the lake and start the swim around 11 O'clock or noon. We will swim for an hour, then we will have lunch and hang out at the lake all day. It should be fun!

I am SO excited for the open water meet in two weeks. We will be swimming 3000 meters, which is the longest I have ever swam in a meet. The lake the meet will be at is right near Ceader Point, a huge amusment park. Hopefully I will be able to go on a few water rides (my favorites!) while I am up there!

No comments: