Saturday, April 19, 2008

Biggest workout week ever!


This week has been my largest volume workout week of the whole year, according to my training log! The graph that shows my weekly workout minutes in each sport used to have an interval of 0-500 minutes of workouts per week. Now, after this week, where I worked out over 500 minutes this week, my workout graph now goes from 0-600 minutes.


I've been having so much energy lately. Normally, I will workout anywhere from 2-4 days-then have to take a day off because I am falling asleep on my floor. This week, I worked out 7 straight days in a row (my longest contiuous string of workouts ever) and don't feel a thing.


I want to workout again today but have decided to restrain myself. I need some rest after the swim-a-thon yesterday (and before tomorrow's!) . I guess I need rest even though I don't fel like I do.


I think improving my nutrition is helping a lot. When I started working out, I was eating the same amout as when I sit around and do nothing, even though I am swimming or ding some other type of workout 1- 2 hours most nights of the week. I have started eating a slim-fast bar every night before I go to bed (and sometimes more then one) . I like slim-fast bars because they taste good (strawberry-cream cheese is the best!) and have lots of vitamins and other things.


I will probably still, however, have to eat yet even more. I want to gain enough weight so that I am up to 95 pounds. I was 89.5 pounds before I began eating the slim-fast bars. Now, after a month of eating them every night, I am only up to 90.5 pounds.


This week's workout totals

Swimming: 440 minutes (that would be 7 hours 20 minutes)

Bicycling:20 minutes (kind of pathetic but I'm not a huge fan of bicycling)

Running: 78 minutes (or 1 hour and 18 minutes)

Total: 538 minutes (or 8 hours 58 minutes!)


My largest workout week ever.

No comments: