Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring is finally comming!


There are less than 2 weeks untill my first triatlon this season. 13 days to be percise. The thing that is intresting about this triathlon is that the swim will take place in a pool. All the triathlons I have done so far have had swims that took place in lakes. A pool swim will be very intresting. Not really- since I swim in pools all the time.


Speaking of which, I am also looking forward to long course season in swimming. It starts for me, in June (Since I have to take lifeguarding classes in May) One of the swims I am really looking forward to is a 3000 meter (or yards, I can't remember) swim that will be taking place at the end of June in Lake Eerie (spelling?)

It is finally Spring and will be summer in a few months. I am also thinking about what other races I would like to do. I would like to do an olympic distance triathlon and half-marathon this year. There is a good olympic distance triathlon about 20 minutes from home that I could do in July.

I am also thinking about doing my own triathlons. These would be triathlons that I would organize and complete all by myself- in the gym or on the road somewhere. I remember I used to do a few of these when I was 11 years old (this was when I thought I was too young for triathlons- so I did some of my own). These triathlons were typically very small distances- about a 300 yard swim, 3 mile bike, and 1 mile run.

I thought about the idea of doing some more of these types of independent triathlons after reading this blog: http://crackheadfe.blogspot.com/ where she talks about doing NothingMan triathlons.

The benefit to doing these types of triathlons (with real races thrown in, ovbiously) is that untill I learn how to drive (which I am hoping to learn how to do this summer) I can only go to triathlons when my parents feel like taking me. This means I can only do a triathlon maybe once a month, if that.

If I did Independent-Tris (as I will call them) I would not have to collaberate my idea of fun with my parent's ideo of fun as much. Plus, I can do Independent-Tris in the winter as well!
I will do as many triathlons as I can, but the idea of an Independent-Tri sounds awesome!

P.S. If photos do not upload correctly, is there any way to delete them?


1 comment:

Crackhead said...

Hi!

I noticed you had a link to my blog, so I came on over here. Feel free to call your "independent tris" NothingMan's. Other people are starting to use that term, it's OK by me!

Also, I started a new blog with some other people--Pool Stories. You should check it out being a big swimmer, and if you'd like to contribute, let me know.