Sunday, April 20, 2008

Swim-a-thon: Part 2

Today was my second day of the swim-a-thon since I swam another swim-a-thon on Friday. (Get it? Today was part 2.) I swam 100 laps again (down to the end of the pool and back- It bugs me when people call one length of the pool a lap) for a total of 5000 yards.

I enjoyed my swim-a-thon today. I don't feel as tired as I did on Friday. Maybe that day of rest I took yesterday actually helped. The one thing I didn't enjoy however, was that there were 3 other swimmers in my lane. Very fast swimmers. They kept running over me every other lap. It was very annoying. As I was getting kicked and bumped, all the while, I was looking forward to when they finished their 100 laps and got out of the pool.

Eventually they got out of the pool and I had the lane all to myself. No kicking or brusing. Yeah! I got the lane to myself for about 20 minutes. I was getting the nice, wounderful feeling I get when I do a good, hard workout. The only thing that wasn't so good though was that I really had to pee. I'll save the details, but all I can say was that I was very excited to be done with the swim so that I could run to the bathroom.

When the swim-a-thon was over, I felt a little tired, but not extremly. I only felt as tired as I normally do at the end of swim practice. I wasn't very hungry this time and still havn't ate a snack. It felt really awesome doing 2 swim-a-thons in a weekend. I was the only one on my swim team to do 2. I love distance swimming, as I said before. I wish they had swim-a-thons more then once a year. Every week would be nice. Maybe twice a week. Three times...

No comments: