Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hi Blogger!

Hi. This is my first time using a blog. I decided to write about swimming and doing triathlons becaues that is what intrests me the most. I also started this blog to show my journey. I know that sounds kind of corny but I would like to look back some time in the future and see how far I have come with my training and with life.

I remember a year ago I was barely working out at all. I did a season of swim team at school, but that was the extent of everything I had done that year. Now, I swim almost every single day and have done three triathlons. I am signed up for a fourth next month!

I like swimming, triathlons, and working out in general because it gives me so much confidence. Last year, i could barely run a mile. Now I can run 8 without stopping. Last year, I could barely figure out my gears on my bicycle. Now I am slowly getting somewhere (even though bicycling is my weakest sport) Last year an hour swim felt really, really, long. Now I can swim for two hours easily. I am also a lot faster at swimming then I was last year. When I improve that much at something in so little time, I feel like I can do anything.

This comming up year, I would like to do even more. I want to continue to improve my swimming times. I also want to do farther distance triathlons, such as an olympic-distance event. Last but not least, I would like to run a half-marathon. This is a goal I had since August of last year. I hope to accomplish it this year.

Someday, I would like to run a marathon and do an ironman distance triathlon. I know that is a very long way off. It seems unachiveable now, but maybe when I look back on my blog 5 years from now, I could laugh at this post. I could laugh because I would already have the finishers medals hanging up in my bedroom.

No comments: