Monday, April 14, 2008

Start of this blog, and long course season in swimming







Hi again. Since this blog is all about swimming and triathlon, I guess I will start off by talking (or writing!) about the workout I did yesterday.


I did a 1:50 swim workout with the swim team. We are starting to get into the summer swim season (long course) so the swim workouts are starting to get harder again. For the past month or so, we have mainly been working on drills to make our swim strokes better. Now we have been doing a lot of endurance stuff, which is my favorite type of workout!


Our main set was 3,000 yards. I left the workout feeling so wounderfully tired, the way I always feel after a long workout. I was hungry too! I actually ended up eating two dinners last night. I ate my normal dinner around 4:00 and had to have a second dinner after my workout. don't think I'm a pig or anything. I'm 5 ft 1 and only 90 pounds. I'm actually trying to gain weight.


This has been my first year on a year- round swim team and I am loving it so far. This will be my first summer swim season in a long course pool (50 meters long instead of 25 yards) and I am really looking forward to it.


I'm going to have to start my long course season a month later then I would normally be able to. Instead of starting the season in May, I will have to start it in June. I can't swim any of the meets we have in May because I am going to take classes to become a lifeguard. The classes happen to coincide with the same exact days of the swim meet.


I am very excited about becoming a lifeguard. I hope to lifeguard for 5 seasons, a place with a very nice pool only 5 minutes from my house. It will be my first job!

No comments: