Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Treadmill runs can solve anything

I love exercising because it always puts you in such a good mood afterwards. Everytime I have a long workout (i.e. 2 hour swim, or a triathlon) the way I feel afterwards is on top of the world. Even short workouts can help a lot.
Yesterday I was in a really bad mood thinking about something depressing that has gone on in my life for quite a bit of time. I normally try to forget about this particular thing but yesterday I couldn't stop thinking about it. I was in a bad mood all day and was really looking forward to my workout.

It was amazing because after about 40 minutes on the treadmill, the problem didn't matter as much anymore. I felt relaxed, calm, and ready to go to sleep and start a new day. I was still upset, but a little less so.

I am loving all my workouts. I love the way you feel afterwords-relaxed, calm, and ready to take on the world. I don't feel that way so much in my regular life. Some things I just feel powerless to change.
Ending on a happy note, I am really looking forward to going to Colombus this weekend for the triathlon I am doing at Ohio State University . I am spending the weekend in Colombus. On Saturday, my parents and I are driving up to Colombus to get a tour of Ohio State University.
OSU is one of my college choices, though not a top one. I would rather go to college somewhere warm, such as Florida. Since we are going to be in Colombus for the triathlon, however, I decided to tour the campus. I will tour the campus to get a feel for what the college is like even if I don't decide to go to college there.
I may decide to go to college there, however, since it is only 2 hours from where I live. Like I said though, I am more intrested in going to college somewhere in Florida. I have toured the University of Miami campus while vacationing in Florida and really love it. University of Miami is definatly my first college choice. I used to live in Florida a few years ago, and really miss living there.
After the tour is finished, my parents and I will explore Colombus. We will later go back to a hotel and stay the night. In this hotel I get MY OWN ROOM, like I said on a previous blog post. I will spend the night in Colombus, do the triathlon Sunday morning, and then drive back home. It will be an intresting weekend!

No comments: