Friday, April 18, 2008

Swimming laps+ 2 hours=happiness




Today was the wounderful swim-a-thon (part one-since I am doing another swim-a-thon on Sunday). I loved it. All together, I swam 5300 yards. That was the longest I ever swim! It was really relaxing swimming all those laps on a Friday night. I am very wounderfully tired now. I am the kind of tired that only comes from a nice, long workout.




I shared a lap lane with one other person. That person normally is a very fast swimmer. I am usally the slowest swimmer on the team. (I honestly mean it- I love swimming but I am really slow!) Today, for some reason, she was swimming really slow. Even slower then me. She was probably very confident that she would make the 100 laps and trying to save her energy. She did make the 100 laps!




I neve swam a swim-a-thon before so I was sprinting so that I could swim the entire 100 laps on time. I must have lapped her about 10 times in the whole practice. It was pretty nice being the faster one in the lane, instead of being the one getting run over- even though come practice time, she can swim circles around me.




The swim-a-thon was supposed to be 5000 yards all together. I actually went a little bit over the designated distance. The reason is that I went an extra 100-200 yards because I did not realize I already finished the 100 laps untill I heard my coach yell my name. I also honestly didn't want to stop! After the swim-a-thon, I did a short cool-down and practice was over.




I'm not as tired as I thought I would be. I am a little sleepy right now, but I normally go to bed in about 10 minutes anyway. I will have a great night's rest tonight!




I was also very hungy! I ate a snack as soon as I got home. I ate outside and enjoyed the wounderful weather. It went up to 75 degrees today! After I ate, I felt a lot better.




Today was a perfect day for swimming. I am very excited that I get to do the same thing again on Sunday. I love long workouts like that. They make me feel on top of the world!

No comments: